Paintball grenades are a fun accessory that can add an element of surprise to a paintball match. While it is essential to keep your expectations at the right level with these grenades, they can still be useful if you use them correctly. The best paintball grenade choices on the market typically spray for over 10-30 feet. They can get paint on an unsuspecting opponent and win you some extra points.
This list of the best paintball grenade options for this year will include 7 different models. Each type comes with its advantages and disadvantages. You might notice quickly that Tippman and Empire pop up on this list a lot. That’s because these manufacturers remain the best paintball grenade designers on the market. Our list starts with the best option and ends with the least excellent.
1. Tippman Big Boy Pull Pin Grenade in Poly Bag
The first item on our list is the Tippman Big Boy. There are two different design options for this particular grenade. The first we are highlighting is the poly bag. This grenade is a little softer and easier to throw than the tube model. As a result, it bursts more easily and spreads paint farther.
- Simple pull-pin design.
- 10 ounces of bright pink paint.
- 30-foot spray pattern.
- Bag could burst early in storage if you aren’t careful.
- Not as durable as the tube model.
- Price: $16.95
2. Tippman Big Boy Pull Pin Grenade in Tube
The basic design of this model is the same as the one mentioned above. However, it differs from that model due to its tube cover. While both of them are likely the best paintball grenade options on the market, the tube of this grenade is tougher. As a result, this product withstands minor impacts more effectively.
- Easy-to-understand pin design.
- Same great wide spray pattern as the grenade mentioned above.
- Easier to store than the poly bag version.
- Harder to find when trying to buy one.
- Requires stronger throws to explode.
3. Tippmann Big Boy II Grenade
The Big Boy II follows the tube design of the previous Tippman grenade and is one of the best paintball grenade choices we’ve seen. It has many of the same features of those models but a few downsides that make it a little less desirable.
- Easier to find than the previously mentioned tube grenade.
- Can spray up to 40 feet.
- Compact design for easier storage and smoother throwing.
- Requires very hard throws to avoid grenade failure.
- Grenade failure causes disappointing paint burst.
4. Empire Paintball Empire BT Paint Grenade
Our next choice breaks away from Tippman to highlight Empire’s best paintball grenade. This choice is praised for its excellent exterior design, its ease of use, and its spray radius. Unlike Tippman grenades, it contains yellow paint for a slightly different look.
- Looks like a real grenade, which increases on-field intimidation.
- Uses RPS paint fill for more expansive spray.
- Spray radius of about 30 feet.
- A little pricier than other models.
- Yellow paint may be harder to spot when playing.
- Price: $13.99
5. Airsoft Innovations XL Burst Impact Banger
This grenade is a little different from others on this list because it doesn’t spray paint. Instead, it can be used as a distraction that throws players off their guard. As a result, it doesn’t get higher on our list of the best paintball grenade choices. On the other hand, it can still be used in many paintball situations, such as a surprise ambush.
- Reusable for many combat situations.
- Features no projectiles that could injure players.
- Creates a distraction that allows you and your team to get the drop on opponents.
- Has no paintball spray.
- May be excessively loud without some muting.
- Price: Price not available
6. Tippmann Squadbuster Grenade
Returning to Tippman, we will take a look at one of the first paintball grenade options available. At one point, this was probably the best paintball grenade you could find. Its non-toxic design and spray radius were once hard to top. However, advances in paintball grenade designs have moved it down our list a bit.
- Over 30-foot spraying area.
- Small enough to fit in a coat pocket.
- Sturdy and reliable exterior.
- Sometimes fails to explode.
- May slip from the hand when throwing.
7. BT Empire M8 Deluxe Style Pull Pin Paintball Grenade
This model has a slightly different look than the other Empire paintball grenades we have reviewed so far. That said, it contains the same amount of yellow paint as the others. The grenade also uses the RPS paint fill style that has become an Empire trademark. However, its downsides drop it down to the bottom of our best paintball grenade list.
- Bright yellow paint is easier to spot than other Empire grenades.
- Pull pin control is very easy to master.
- Thick paint that is not watered down.
- Requires very hard throws to work properly.
- May slip from the hand during throws.
- Price: Price not available
Choosing the best paintball grenade for your gaming doesn’t have to be a hassle or a major challenge. That said, it will require you to do a little research and to take the time to try out a few different models. You also need to learn how to throw these grenades effectively. They must hit a hard surface after you pull the pin to work.
If you have any experience with these items, don’t hesitate to let us know. We are always interested in what our readers consider the best paintball grenade choices. You should also share this article with anyone you know who is looking for the best paintball grenade options for their next match. It can increase your team coherency and make you more successful against your opponents.
Last update on 2021-11-27 at 23:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API